New 12TB IronWolf, IronWolf Pro and BarraCuda Pro deliver industry’s highest capacity, reliability and performance
When Seagate first introduced the Guardian Series in 2016, we signaled a new chapter in how hard drives are designed: each Guardian Series drive is truly purpose-built for the future, engineered and optimized for customers’ specific needs in each different application, to preserve, access and maximize the value of their data. At the time, last year’s 10TB Guardian Series models offered the highest capacities ever available for PC workstations, Network-Attached Storage (NAS) systems and other client systems.
Now, we’re taking capacities to even higher heights, introducing new 12TB versions of the Guardian Series’ IronWolf, IronWolf Pro and BarraCuda Pro drives. Again offering the highest capacity, reliability and performance in the industry in network-attached storage and desktop PC hard drives, Seagate’s 12TB IronWolf and BarraCuda Pro drives further extend the capabilities of the most powerful drives on the market to meet the growing data needs of large enterprise business, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and creative professionals.
People are creating, analyzing, editing, sharing and saving more data worldwide every year, and data keeps growing at a rapid pace with emerging applications like AR and VR becoming more mainstream, 4K resolution and 360-degree video already mainstream, and humans around the world using data all day long on diverse mobile and IoT devices, and expecting to access information from anywhere, at any time. Consumers, businesses and creative pros will increasingly require higher storage capacity within smaller form factors to meet expectations around accessibility and mobility.
The 12TB Answer
Some say 10TB is already a lot of capacity, but 12TB is the next important leap in a continuous expansion that accommodates the growing amounts of data created for and required by all these new and developing applications. The 12TB versions of IronWolf, IronWolf Pro and BarraCuda Pro exemplify how Seagate’s research, development and insanely advanced manufacturing leadership continues to invent the technology that helps people manage and move the huge amounts of digital data they create and consume.
BarraCuda Pro, the fastest and highest capacity PC hard drive
BarraCuda Pro is the fastest, highest capacity and most reliable PC hard drive available and can meet any number of demanding data management needs — from desktop computing to creative pro editing workflows. The drive’s high speed means that data-intensive activities like large file transfers and photo-editing are faster when using BarraCuda Pro.
- Versatile: Offering capacities up to a class-topping 12TB, BarraCuda Pro drives are well-suited to a broad variety of applications, from everyday business productivity tasks to video editing, gaming and more.
- Fast: BarraCuda Pro 12TB will push your PCs to even higher performance heights thanks to its max sustained data transfer rate of 250 MB/s, copious 256 MB cache and 7200-RPM spin speed.
- Dependable: With its 300TB/year WRL, 5-year warranty and 2 years of data recovery services included at no extra charge, BarraCuda Pro 12TB ensures complete peace of mind.
IronWolf and IronWolf Pro, uniquely designed for NAS workloads
IronWolf and IronWolf Pro push industry boundaries to magnify what your NAS is capable of. They offer the highest capacity of any NAS drive, and provide industry-leading reliability and performance for connected homes, SOHO users and SMB NAS enclosures. More capacity in less space helps meet increasing needs for file-sharing, remote access and backup for SMBs, enterprises and creative professionals — empowering customers to centralize their data onto NAS systems to ensure round-the-clock access for multiple users.
Top NAS system makers agree. Synology America CEO Alex Wang said, “Whether it’s storing your family photos, collaborating on important documents at work, or protecting your home with our video surveillance solutions, Synology NAS enthusiasts will be excited by the addition of Seagate’s 12TB IronWolf drives. Seagate and Synology are providing great ways for people to safeguard their digital lives and get the most out of their private cloud.”
And QNAP general manager Meiji Chang said, “QNAP has collaborated with Seagate for many years on product and technology enhancements, working with them to create the best hard drives for NAS users. We believe that Seagate’s new IronWolf family provides the performance, reliability, and capacity needed to dependably store the vast data generated by virtualization, high-resolution media workflows, the Internet of Things, and other applications driven by modern QNAP NAS solutions.”
The new 12TB drives also support Seagate’s leading IronWolf Health Management (IHM) software. Designed to operate on enabled Synology DiskStation NAS, Asustor NAS, and QNAP NAS when populated with Seagate IronWolf or IronWolf Pro drives, IHM improves the overall system reliability by displaying actionable prevention, intervention or recovery options for the user and will be available within the next quarter with NAS partners.
- Optimized for multi-user environments providing WRL of up to 300TB/year (IronWolf Pro) and 180TB/year (IronWolf).
- IronWolf Health Management on compatible NAS systems for prevention, intervention and recovery.
- AgileArray NAS optimized and error recovery improves drive health in a RAID array.
- Minimized vibrations in multi-drive systems with dual-plane balance and Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors — a first in NAS-class drives
- Low power and heat emission improve reliability.
- Near-silent acoustics.
- 24×7 performance.
- Industry leading MTBF (mean time between failures) of 1.2 million hours (IronWolf Pro) and 1 million hours (IronWolf).
- 3-year warranty (IronWolf) or 5-year warranty plus 2 years Seagate Rescue data recovery services included (IronWolf Pro)
- Compatibility testing with top builders of NAS enclosures
The 12TB versions of IronWolf, IronWolf Pro and BarraCuda Pro are now shipping to customers worldwide. For more information on the Seagate Guardian Series, please visit www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives.