Best in packs, IronWolf is designed to solve consumers’ myriad NAS storage needs through heavily researched, optimized, and purpose-built products. With AgileArray built in, it’s designed to sustain high levels of performance while enduring a 24×7 workload, equipped with rotational vibration (RV) sensors for enclosures with multiple operating drives.
Our guardian, IronWolf, represents the fundamental spirit of NAS and RAID storage — drives that work together to create responsive and reliable storage for multiple users and heavy workloads.
Join the pack — who can benefit from IronWolf’s strengths?
IronWolf is performance-tuned for creative professionals, hard-core gamers, home tech enthusiasts, and of course for businesses that need 24×7 dependable NAS solutions:
Creative Professionals: Be creative anywhere with IronWolf in your NAS
Reliable and extendable storage helps keep your creative business on schedule. IronWolf is a great companion for your NAS for 24×7 remote access, backups and file sharing from anywhere, making sharing ideas easy. For growing agencies who need more storage, IronWolf is built for NAS scalability.
Gamers: Lead the pack with IronWolf-equipped NAS
Modern gaming PCs and gaming consoles do double duty as home media servers, but limited storage makes keeping every file locally-stored a challenge. Gamers can move music and videos to a NAS equipped with IronWolf, and use it as a storage target for media streaming. Get the most out of your game-centered PC or console. With capacities from 1TB to 14TB, you’ll be able to stream all the content you want from your NAS to your PC or to your game console to view it in HD on your TV.
Home tech enthusiasts: Dominate your own media empire
Build your home NAS media empire with IronWolf HDDs. IronWolf leads the class in storage capacity with drives as large as 14TB, and the performance needed to run high definition content with your NAS. Store thousands of full-length HD films and even more photographs on your private server. Think of it as your home cloud.
Business Leaders and IT Managers: Grow your business with an optimized NAS
A thriving small business needs storage that can thrive with it. IronWolf is optimized for NAS in multi-RAID environments that not only handle the vibration, but also handle the high user workload rate in a high data traffic network. Enter Multi-User Technology — providing up to 180TB a year for IronWolf.
IronWolf’s Agility makes it the only best-fit storage for NAS applications
IronWolf is built with AgileArray and optimized to deliver agile performance for always-accessible NAS systems with 1 to 8 drive bays. Because it’s purpose-built, it brings many advantages over other drives for use in your NAS:
- RV sensors and dual-plane balancing dampens and minimizes vibrations, resulting in a more consistent performance.
- Error recovery control helps drives comply with NAS server requirements for better data integrity, ensuring it remains active in a RAID environment.
- Advance power profiles provide low power options for always-on NAS applications.
- 3-year limited warranty so you can rest easy with your drive choice.
- Available with Rescue Data Recovery Services plan.
IronWolf Pro — in addition to the features above:
- IronWolf Pro has been tested and certified to run 24×7, always on, always accessible for multiple users.
- Optimized with multi-user technology allowing for high user workload rates of 300TB a year.
- NAS-optimized performance for higher write workloads.
- Humidity sensors allow for reliable and efficient operation in all environments.
- 5-year limited warranty so you can rest easy with your drive choice.
IronWolf is performance-tuned to the workloads of always-on NAS systems. The massive 14TB IronWolf Pro supports even more users and workloads, with the highest levels of consistent performance. Seagate’s IronWolf will enhance every NAS and RAID system, whether for business, creativity, or entertainment.