This past July we introduced the new Seagate IronWolf hard drive for network-attached storage (NAS) systems, part of the Guardian Series. Best in packs, it’s designed to solve myriad NAS storage needs with a heavily researched, optimized, and purpose-built product.
The new leader of the pack in agility and performance
Today we unveil the leader of the pack: Seagate IronWolf Pro — the world’s fastest, most agile, and highest-capacity NAS-optimized drive for small- and mid-sized enterprises. Working as a pack to support the most intense multi-user environments.
This drive is purpose-built to help small-to-midsize enterprises and creative professionals manage the massive amounts of data they create and consume. It empowers SMEs to keep the right data ready for use with extreme workload rates of up to 300TB, and blistering fast access.
IronWolf Pro is optimized for NAS with our unique AgileArray technology, to help enhance performance for file-sharing, backup and private cloud environments. AgileArray delivers drive balancing by using dual-plane balance and rotational vibration (RV) sensors, RAID optimization for increased performance and advanced power management.
And in an industry first, IronWolf Pro comes standard with a two-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Service Plan — that’s right, IronWolf Pro drives are covered when disaster strikes — whether it’s flood, fire or accidental damage. (We’re also providing Seagate’s BarraCuda Pro with recovery services standard, for complete peace of mind across the entire Pro series.)
Capacity beyond any other NAS drive
By 2020, digital bits will rival the number of stars in the universe. Our digital universe is doubling in size every two years, so it’s essential that data can be captured, analyzed, and archived — anytime and anywhere. NAS is the ideally suited solution, and demand for NAS — and for higher-capacities — keeps growing.
SMEs are under more pressure than ever as the volume of data they need to deal with keeps increasing dramatically. The new IronWolf Pro offers a huge capacity to easily manage this growing need for more data. Its unparalleled storage density gives businesses the flexibility to address today’s data challenges while preparing for the future. The average amount of data a small- and medium-sized business (SMB) needed in 2013 was roughly 8TB. With data content doubling every two years, an SMB’s storage needs will reach 32TB next year and 128TB by 2021.
The new Seagate IronWolf Pro 10TB has the biggest capacity of any NAS-optimized drive on the market. That means businesses will need fewer drives — and fewer NAS boxes — to meet their intense data-storage needs. The new 10TB drives are designed for enclosures with up to 16 bays, delivering up to 160TB in a single NAS device.
World’s only hard drives with data recovery service included
And this bears repeating: IronWolf Pro also includes a one-of-a-kind Seagate Rescue Data Recovery service to protect against potential data loss. No other NAS drive on the market includes this. There aren’t many small businesses that can afford their own dedicated IT department. Now, our Rescue Data Recovery service gives our customers access to IT professionals who are ready to assist them, 24/7.
There’s so much to love about IronWolf Pro, it’s hard to get your mind around it all!
Here’s a quick list of its key features:
- High performance — no lag times or downtime for users during high traffic time for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest performance in NAS-class drives.
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray. AgileArray is built for dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management possible.
- Rotational Vibration (RV) mitigation. IronWolf Pro comes standard with RV sensors to maintain high performance in multi-bay NAS enclosures.
- Do more with multi-user technology. Enables user workload rate of 300TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing it can handle the workload, whether you’re a creative professional or small business.
- RAID optimization. Increases performance and reliability with error recovery control for better data integrity.
- Get ahead with more cache. IronWolf provides high-cache options allowing your NAS to serve data faster.
- Range of capacities up to 10TB. More capacity options mean more choices that will t within the budget. Seagate provides a scalable solution for any NAS use-case scenario.
- Always On. Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance. Access your data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
- Advanced power management. Saves energy and delivers power when the NAS needs it most
- Reliability and lower TCO — 1.2M hours MTBF, 5-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.
- Seagate Rescue Data Recovery. IronWolf Pro comes with extra peace of mind for any mechanical, accidental or natural disaster. With a 90% success rate of in-house recovery, Seagate has your back with a Rescue Data Recovery plan.