New external 2TB upgrade storage lets you download, play, and store more of your favorite titles
Today, we’re excited to introduce the Officially Licensed Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 4 systems. The new Game Drive gives PS4 gamers an extra boost in storage, with amazingly simple portability that allows you to carry your games with you.
Our new Game Drive for PS4 has been rigorously tested and is optimized for PS4 systems. It features a small sleek design and branding that pairs well with your PS4. Most of all, the large increase in storage capacity lets you hang on to your favorite older titles and add-ons while still leaving room for new games. With a hefty 2TB capacity, you can free up space on your PS4 system’s internal drive and consolidate approximately 50* games into a single location (Do note, once content is stored on the drive, the content can only be accessed by the account that transferred the content.)
The Seagate Game Drive enhances the players’ gaming experience with easy installation, and direct connection via USB cable. Setup is easy, since the PS4 automatically recognizes your Game Drive and helps get it up and running in approximately 3 minutes.
Here are some of my favorite benefits of the Seagate Game Drive for PS4:
- Instantly adds 2TB for approximately 50 more games*
- Full-speed gaming, just like playing from the PS4 system’s internal drive
- Optimized to work with every model of PS4 (requires system software version 4.50 or greater)
- Easy to bring to a friend’s place to play your games on another PS4 system (do note, once content is stored on the drive, the content can only be accessed by the account that transferred the content)
- Truly plug-and-play; doesn’t require additional cables
- Doesn’t need to plug into the wall — USB powered
The new Game Drive for PS4 is available next week in North America for $89.99 MSRP — look for it at your favorite retailers and online. Check out Seagate.com for more details.
*Based on an average storage requirement of 39GB for PS4 games published on or before June 2018.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “PS4” is a trademark of the same company.