Seagate Enterprise hard drives named best in all categories in major survey of IT professionals
In an independent annual survey of IT professionals from around the world, Seagate was named the number one maker of enterprise hard drives in every category: Innovation, Performance, Reliability, Service and Support, and Price, and was named the overall Market Leader for the sixth year in a row.
The survey was conducted by San Diego-based IT Brand Pulse, a trusted source of research and analysis about cloud and data center IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, networking and operating platforms.
Survey respondents included IT professionals from dozens of the world’s leading companies and organizations, including Adobe, British Airways, Coca-Cola, ExxonMobil, General Motors, NBC, Siemens, Time Warner, Verizon and others.
“Seagate is honored to be recognized by IT Brand Pulse for the sixth year in a row as the top enterprise hard drive leader from this prestigious group of data center professionals,” said Sharmistha Mallik, global product marketing manager at Seagate. “Our engineering team take pride in advanced craftsmanship above all — in building precision-engineered solutions that deliver trusted performance, solid reliability and ironclad enterprise security to meet the unprecedented growth and efficiency needs of cloud data storage centers worldwide.”
Seagate and several of its partners demonstrated the new Seagate Exos X14 enterprise drive and its innovative HAMR and MACH.2 Multi Actuator advanced technologies this week at the OCP Summit.
IT Pulse defined these categories as follows:
- Market Leader: The combination of innovation, performance, price, reliability and support, specific to a product category; making that product an overall market leader
- Innovation Leader: The product that brings useful new features and benefits ahead of the competition
- Performance Leader: The product which is fastest, and/or delivers the quickest user response time
- Reliability Leader: The product that most consistently performs its intended or required function or mission without degradation or failure
- Service and Support Leader: The product with the most accessible, responsive, and reasonably-priced service and support
- Price Leader: The product with the most value for the price
Best IT technology selected by IT professionals in independent surveys
IT Brand Pulse surveys cover hundreds of IT categories each year – from servers, storage and networking to software and other broad IT market segments. Responses are solicited from over 1,000,000 members of on-line groups and the IT Brand Pulse IT Pro and end-user database.
The complete IT Brand Pulse 2018 Brand Leader survey results are available here.