The Open Compute Project (OCP) evolved to what it is today having set out to improve the IT architect’s user experience, and effectively manage the cost of growth, by making IT infrastructure more efficient, flexible, and scalable. Facebook initiated the project when it disclosed its data center designs and specifications in 2011.
As a result, the OCP is a great option for achieving the benefits of hyperscale data center efficiency through well laid out and open-sourced specs and designs. If your cloud and data center deployments demand the most efficient hardware designs, with effective power usage as well as performance, the OCP should be on your radar, or you’ve likely already deployed an Open Compute design in your data center.
Multiple Talks and Partner Collaborations
As we near the eighth annual OCP Summit — the leading worldwide conference for everything open-source — we’re excited to share that Seagate will have a large presence at the conference. Seagate is expanding its storage portfolio with new hard drive and flash innovations that push speed, capacity and density limits for today’s data centers. The products meet Open Compute Project specifications, making them ideal for hyperscale data centers looking to adopt the fastest and densest flash and HDD technology with the latest and most sustainable standards.
Held March 8 and 9 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, this conference gathers over 2,500 summit attendees from the technology, finance, government, and consulting sectors. To ensure those who attend get the most value from their experience, Seagate will be on-hand with multiple opportunities during the show to interact with you, and discuss innovation and how to solve today’s and tomorrow’s datacenter infrastructure challenges.
Visit us at booth #B7 where we’ll be showcasing Seagate’s innovative solutions that belong to one of the most extensive data infrastructure and storage portfolios in the market, matching every need with systems and hard drive and SSD technology that share the overarching theme of world-class density. Seagate will be unveiling new enterprise hard drives with leading technology that will redefine the power of the cloud, and sharing our fastest NVMe M.2 SSD with technology that enables high-speed boot and caching to achieve the ultimate productivity for OCP environments. In addition, stop by the Seagate booth to see the 4TB enterprise M.2 NVMe SSD, the most dense storage in the world, delivering high density and performance to all-flash arrays in an ultra-small form factor.
Come hear our presentations during the two days of the conference. We have lots of advice to share to enable you to impact your data center positively, including:
- An Executive Track on Wednesday, March 8, at 3:10 pm. Seagate’s Unmesh Kulkarni, Senior Director of Product Line Management for Cloud and Hyperscale, will discuss hyperscale innovation for storage components, enlightening users on how storage is drastically changing to reflect the demands of OCP environments.
- We will have an Engineering Workshop on Thursday, March 9, at 2:00pm to discuss the topic of Re-Evaluating HDD Error Correction — presented by David Burks, Director of Product Management at Seagate.
- Also, I’m personally looking forward to presenting on Thursday at 1:10 pm, in the Expo Hall Theater, to share details about NVMe SSD proliferation in OCP servers.
We hope you can join us for these presentations — I promise they will be informative.
Visit our collaborative OCP partners in the Expo Hall. Our technology partnerships are vital in helping provide our customers with effective and well-integrated OCP solutions. Come see first-hand the innovations driven by a commitment to shared engineering goals, testing and joint development. Partners at the show include:
- Dell EMC (Booth #B8). We are excited to share how PowerEdge servers and the Seagate Nytro XP7200 Add-in Card can accelerate the productivity of a major cloud customer.
- Inspur (Booth #B4). Together, with Inspur, we will share how the world’s leading Enterprise storage technology advances enable the most efficient cloud infrastructure platform expansions.
- Marvell (Booth #A7). See a range of Seagate solutions in the Marvell booth and catch up with their experts.
- Mellanox (Booth #C23). Speak with Mellanox about how Ceph distributed storage system deployment and performance relies on both Seagate SSDs, and high-performance networking from Mellanox.
- Red Hat (Booth #C32). Check in with their experts to see how you can achieve Red Hat Ceph acceleration with Seagate SSDs.
- QCT (Booth #B5). Stop by the QCT booth where they will be showcasing our newest high-density Enterprise hard drives with their servers to achieve not only high performance but energy efficiency as well.
- Wiwynn (Booth #B3). See our joint innovation at both the Wiwynn and Seagate booths, where we’ll show you how to achieve the highest-density OCP storage solutions.
As you can see, we have a fully packed two days! We’re looking forward to meeting and engaging with many of you at the OCP Summit 2017 and identifying how we can optimize your Open Compute deployments!