I love our products. Sure, it’s easy to say that as an employee, but there have been companies I have worked for in my career where I didn’t think every product released was the greatest thing since the hula-hoop.
Then there’s the GoFlex Satellite!
The GoFlex Satellite was released back in May of 2011 and has done exceptionally well for us. It’s a very unique product because while there is plenty of portable hard drives available on the market, this is the only one with wireless connectivity and designed for multimedia content.
I won’t give you the sales bullets that you should already know by now. You know the ones I’m talking about like:
- 500 GB capacity
- Store up to 300 HD movies
- Wirelessly stream up to three users simultaneously
You get the gist, right? I don’t think this needs repeating. But did you know we’ve just released a firmware update? No? Well now you do and knowing is half the battle. This update has quite a few elements to it, but let me give you the highlights:
- WI-FI Connection – now you’ll be able to remain connected to the Internet while accessing your Satellite. You asked for this, we’re delivering!
- Simultaneous stream for up to eight users – The more the merrier, right?
- Increased battery life – Let’s be honest, we know five hours isn’t enough so we bumped this baby to seven. Naturally, this is subject to use cases, but we know you’ll want to watch the extended version of The Lord of the Rings without any interruption.
Now don’t be scared by the use of the fancy word “firmware”. This is just a term used to describe an enhancement made to the functionality of a product. This page will give you step-by-step instructions on how to make the update to your hard drive.
Ok, now that the beans have been spilled, stop reading and go download the update. The faster you get it, the faster you can keep going on the go with movies, music, photos and everything else that’s part of your digital lifestyle.